1.06.2016

Taking Stock: 01.

Photo by Couverclemedia
Hey guys! Happy new year. I hope you had a great holiday with your loved ones, and i pray 2016 brings us nothing but happiness and success.
So, last year, i discovered and read, among other things, the Taking Stock series from ThisIsEssSydney's The Daybook and a few other blogs. 
I enjoyed them a lot and they inspired me so much, and now i am starting them here! Growth, i know.
Basically, for me, these posts are a way of introspecting, self-checking, life appreciation and updates, all at once. So, yeah.
Here goes-
Making: plans and taking steps to actively pursue and hopefully fulfill some of my dreams. Before now, i wasn't one to do the cheesy New-Year-Resolution, etc, thing, but now, I've actually written down goals that i want to achieve in the short term: 6 to 12 months, with how i plan to achieve them. I left the big, 5-year, what-i-want-to-be-in-the end plans till later. Too heavy.
Eating: lighter meals, leaning toward the veggie-ish-sshy-ish. (look i'm Nigerian, Igbo, and i love my rich meals ok?). The bikini bod and clear skin that i crave will not create itself, so, cleaner eating it is.
Drinking: Lemon infused water 1 out of 2 times i drink water. I've been doing this for like 10 days now and It's super nice actually, but THE PRICE OF LEMONS IN LAGOS?!! Cue bankruptcy.
Reading: Mister Weekender and Man Repeller. Boy, if i could create such content..
Wanting: To revamp my wardrobe and learn to drive.
Playing: The brick game on my phone. I just NOW figured out that to get far in this game, you have to look at the 'future'. Like, you have to figure out where the 'future', 'incoming' bricks will be fixed before they drop on the screen, that way, you are not panicking, looking for where to place your bricks when they eventually arrive. Deep life lesson there. 
Creating: More content for this blog. I shot and wrote a lot during the holidays. I'm happy.
Watching: the 5th Season of The Walking dead. My god! Who creates these things? The BEST T.V series ever!
Liking: how the weather's been here for the past month. A nice, mild harmattan.
Rediscovering: Lady Gaga and her genius. That You & I track is on repeat. When is her next album??
Hoping: that 2016 will be a rousing success.
Thinking: new paths in life.
Feeling: Optimistic. For the first time in a long time.

0 comments: